Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pablo Neruda

"I want
To do with you what spring does with the cherry trees." -- Twenty Love Poem and a Song of Despair.

"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming."

"Laughter is the language of the soul." -- I Explain a Few Things.

"Love! Love until the night collapses!" -- Machu Picchu.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul" -- 100 Love Sonnets.

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close." -- 100 Love Sonnets.

"Love is so short, forgetting is so long." -- Love: Ten Poems.

"Love is a clash of lightning." -- 100 Love Sonnets.

I personally love it. I mean, I've heard him since my visit to Chile's Embassy. They bragged about him a couple of time, but I didn't really in to poems that time, so yeah. And lately I've found some of his poems and suddenly I fell in love. You could google his name and well, the rest is up to you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment